- Police: Accidental carbon monoxide poisoning killed 8
- Carbon Monoxide Suspected In Lauderdale Deaths
- Teen who drowned in Lake Travis had carbon monoxide in her system
- 4 Are Found Dead at a House in Queens; Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Is Suspected
- Nursing Student Found Dead in Alhambra Home; Police Suspect Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
Perhaps these and other deaths could have been prevented. Home inspectors can help in the fight to prevent deaths due to CO.’
Called “the silent killer,” CO has no odor, smell or taste, but knowing your environment and the types of things that produce CO could save a life. Anything that burns gas, wood, oil and fuels creates CO.
Home inspectors can purchase the tools necessary to detect high levels of CO in a home. Some inspectors offer CO testing as part of their inspections, while others may charge a fee to test CO levels. In addition, inspectors often suggest that home owners have devices installed to detect high levels of CO.