Age is mostly irrelevant in becoming a determining factor for succeeding as an entrepreneur. There have been young entrepreneurs as well as older, established entrepreneurs. Some have built success on seemingly impossible ideas and others seem to possess a certain amount of luck. For the most part, a successful entrepreneur will have to fearlessly work hard, cultivate positive relationships and develop great business skills.
A recent article in Entrepreneur Magazine noted five things you should do when you are ready to become an entrepreneur:
- Go all in. Once you’ve made your decision to start a business, don’t doubt yourself, and no looking back.
- Find a mentor. Enjoy your success with an experienced entrepreneur who has agreed to mentor you.
- Create daily routines. Set goals for what has to be accomplished each day, and make sure you abide by your own rules.
- Eliminate negative people. People who wallow in self-pity and are unemployed may not be the ideal people to associate with. They may not really want to help you or see you succeed.
- Network as much as possible. Try to meet new people and tell each of them what you do.
Focus on Your Customers
It is helpful to pursue things that you enjoy doing and master what you do. No matter what carefully placed business strategy you launch, the bottom line is you must win customers to whom you sell your product or services. Without customers, you have no business, no employees, no self-employment income or success.
Make each customer feel important, try to get to know a little about them, follow up with them and make sure they are happy with your service. Your customers are actually the employer — they are how you succeed and how you get paid. Make sure you deliver what you promise, when you promise it. Be honest and reputable, and provide quality for what they purchase. Be persistent and patient as your customers will grow and return over time.
Ready to become an entrepreneur? Take the next step and inquire about a franchise opportunity with National Property Inspections or Global Property Inspections. We’ve already developed the business, sales and marketing models for you. For further information, contact Julie Erickson at 1.800.333.9807, Ext. 24.